Monday, August 15, 2011

Why is my dog eating weird objects instead of his food?

Recently my black lab had been eating just about everything he can sneak into. And it is not anything edible. 3 weeks ago he got into gl ornaments and ate 13 of them. I took him to the vet and they said he would be fine. So now he is eating the lights of my christmas tree. Yesterday I found 4 of them chewed off and he ate them. well he ate one whole one and the rest he just ate the gl. then just a few minutes ago my tree was shaking and i caught him eating more lights from my tree. He has food in his bowl. The same food he has been eating since he was a pup. I give him big bones to chew on and everything. He also swallows those whole sometimes as well and today he choked on a jumbone because he swallowed the entire thing. Besides gl he's also eaten some of my sons toys and swallowed a few toy cars as well. I haven't asked his vet because i figured he was still going through a puppy stage he's only 10 months old. but it's really getting to the point where i either have to leave him outside all day to lock him in his cage. which i really do not like doing. he also has chewed up every bed we have bought him and after we got tired of spending 20 or more for a new dog bed we put old pillows in there. He ate those up as well. He whimpers when he doesnt have anything to lay on and we put a sheet in there for him and he just puts it over his food and water bowl and ends up soaking it with the water. Anything someone could suggest to me? I know bored dogs get into things and all but he gets played with a lot of the time and then when we have to do something else is when he does this stuff. It's like he is doing it to get our attention or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment