Sunday, August 14, 2011

How do I convince my mom to let me buy my own car?

So last year my parents bought a 1995 toyota pickup, both insisting that it would be for me to drive once I got my license. I never got to decide what kind of car I wanted, but whatever. Soon after we got it, my mom started driving it to work daily, and I only got to drive it around one day a week. It gets way better gas mileage than her Ford Expedition, but it left me hanging there shaking my head at the fact that she basically stole my ride. Several months later she began to let me have it around two days a week or so, but I was still upset that I wasn't the primary driver like originally intended. My dad feels bad for me, but my mom makes it seem like she is entitled to it... A few months ago, my dad bought my sister a 1953 Ford F100, a truck she really wanted to restore. My mom has always been about fairness since we were young, but this was making me mad. I now have a job and money to buy my own car, and I would really like to do so, but I don't know how to convince my mom to let me do it. I just want something that is mine that I don't have to worry about others driving. I'm looking at a 1974 Toyota Celica, sporty but not a muscle car so insurance would be just like any other sedan. Is there a good way that I could convince her to let me buy my own car so she can have the pickup? She always wanted a toyota 4 wheel drive when she was young, and now it's like she has it and doesn't want to give it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment