Friday, August 12, 2011

IS THERE ONE POEM THAT REALLY SPEAKS TO YOU, YOUR LIFE AND GIVES YOUR LIFE MEANING?

When I was a little girl, my mother used to teach me poems. She believed that I should always know poetry, songs, speeches so that I would be prepared if ever asked to perform. She taught me "Trees". I never forgot that poem. Then she taught me "The Road Not Taken", by Robert Frost. I grew up loving this poem into my adulthood. Now, as a teacher, this is one of the poems that I present to my students to learn. It speaks to me of life and how to make the right decisions. It uses imagery and paints a picture that is so awesome. When my mother ped away, I had this poem printed on her obituary in memory of the love she gave me through the words of this poem. I was just curious if any of you have a poem that you have come across that has touched you in a magnificent way that has left a mark upon your life. Will you give me the name of the poem and author, and/or the website where I might find it. I love poetry and believe it can really speak to us in ways that help us grow and recognize each other in the world. My other favorite is "The Rose in Concrete" by Tupac Shakur.

No comments:

Post a Comment