Sunday, August 7, 2011

A question about cooking in a crock pot or deep fryer?

When I moved out on my own one of my first kitchen appliances after a toaster, microwave, and a coffee maker was a deep fryer. Though I bout it, I barely used because I don't eat many fried foods. It was probably just cheap at the time. Anyway, my girlfriend moved in with me and she is wanting to buy a crock pot for us. I told we don't need one because I have that barely used deep fryer. This may seem like a weird question. If the deep fryer is clean and free of sediment can it not be used as a crock pot? Can't she fill that with broth or water? Can't she make soup or whatever in it? Isn't a deep fryer functionally the same thing as a crock pot (and vice versa)? I don't really know.

No comments:

Post a Comment